Monday, November 14, 2005

Info for Cell Phones in Italy and Europe

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 8 December 2008)

Here are the links for Info on Cell Phones in Italy and Europe:


INFORMATION
CELLULAR NETWORKS PROVIDERS
CONTENT PROVIDER FOR CELL PHONES MISCELLANEOUS
RENT/BUY CELL PHONES
RECHARGE (TOPPING UP) SIM CARDS
ARTICLES
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using Google .

Please note: If you want me to reply by email to your comment or request for further information, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.

Note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog. However, I do use a TIM SIM card when I travel to Italy with my existing Nokia GSM, tri-band and unlocked cell phone. [Update: A/O 2008, I now have an unlocked, quad-band HP iPAQ 510 and my wife has a Nokia 1200 that she bought at a TIM store in Arezzo. We are using TIM SIM cards in both phones.]

IMPO (In my personal opinion), it is cheaper and less expensive to buy a GSM, tri-band or quad-band and unlocked cell phone than to rent one for Italian or world-wide vacation travel especially if you already have a GSM, tri-band or quad-band and unlocked cell phone in the USA from Cingular or T-Mobile or bought off of Ebay.

As long as it's a GSM, tri-band or quad-band and unlocked cell phone you can use it with a SIM card from one of the cellular network providers in Italy or another European country.

NOTE: A cell phone and/or a SIM card bought in Italy will work on the cellular network in other European countries.

Caveat (Warning): ALWAYS test the SIM card in your cell phone before you leave the cellular vendor's store in Italy!!!! If you buy a SIM card over the Internet or someplace else, be sure there is a return policy for the SIM card, if it doesn't work in you cell phone.

That's it for Monday, 14 November 2005: Lunedì, 14 Novembre 2005

Ciao, Ben

Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.

Today’s Italian language quote is from Cesare Pavese:

“L'unica gioia al mondo e cominciare.”
"The only joy in the world is to begin."

Please read my wife blog about our life in Italy:

Friends and Family in Italy


Going to Spain, read my new blog:

Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 8 December 2008)

No comments: